Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Improve planning, visualization, collaboration and communication with BIM.
Butters-Fetting has been an advocate of Building Information Modeling (BIM) since its early days.
The benefits BIM (or building information modeling) brings to construction projects are endless. In the planning stage of a project, BIM improves a team’s understanding by providing visualization prior to construction and model-based estimation. This mitigates overall project risk and rework. Also, 3D modeling also gives an owner a chance to review and alter their project’s scope. That way, we can build exactly what they envision without unplanned exceptions or modifications. The most cost effective way to build a building is to build it once and build it right.
In the execution stage of a project, team members experience improved onsite collaboration helping the project to move faster. Then, prefabrication of key project elements can be executed in a fully controlled approach. Lastly, coordination utilizing clash detection, along with accurate schedule projections improve worksite coordination and assure on-time project completion.
Common steps our BIM team undertakes at inception of a BIM project:
- Job specific research
- Gather all project data – plans, specs, product data
- Select the best vendors for the job
- Sequence the project to be most profitable
- Coordinate delivery dates with availability
- Software integration
- Butters-Fetting works with the leading BIM and project management platforms – Autocad, Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam
- Virtual Coordination
- Coordination with the other trades for installation
- Navisworks Manage – publish .nwc files
- Field installation drawings/spools
- Onsite management with field personnel
- Close-out documentation